Erasmus + Jean Monnet Support to Associations
Project: „Disseminating Knowledge on EU-Georgian Association Agreement among Academic Communities in Georgia“
Duration: 3 years (2016 – 2019)
The project is funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by the European Union Studies Association (EUSA) in Georgia.
The goal of the project is to carry out information and communication activities on AA/DCFTA among academic communities in Georgia by sharing knowledge and organising scholarly forums with the involvement of the policy-makers and stakeholders of the European integration process.
Concrete objective of the project are to:
- raise awareness among students and academics in Georgia on EU related topics, primarily on AA/DCFTA issues;
- promote discussion, reflection and knowledge on EU integration and approximation, with emphasis on AA/DCFTA, Visa Liberalisation, and other relevant issues;
- promote better understanding of EU among wider public and communities in Georgia;
- bring local and international academics together to foster their scholarly dialogue and cooperation;
- encourage discussion and exchange of ideas between academia on one hand, and policy makers and professionals working in the field of EU on other hand.
Throughout series of open lectures and international academic conferences, the project aims at bringing together international and local scholars and professors, as well as experts, policy makers and diplomats to stimulate open discussions on EU. Moreover, with the help of dedicated website and newsletter service the project aims at better informing targeted audience on developments related to EU.